You may have seen a viral video clip doing the rounds on social media recently of a helicopter taking off with its rotors seemingly still. The result is a visual spectacle that we could never see with our own eyes. But how was the floating helicopter video shot?
- UPDATE 0831 UTC The plane was on its way to Misrata, Libya.
- UPDATE 0813 UTC The aircraft involved in the accident at Luqa Airport was a 1983 Fairchild SA227-AT aircraft
- UPDATE 0808 UTC Runway 13/31 is currently available for departures but a zero-rate regulation is applied until 1200 UTC for arrivals (NOTAM .
- UPDATE 0721 UTC The aircraft believed to be carrying EU border officials crashes at Malta airport.
- UPDATE 0704 UTC Incident at Malta airport. Main runway unavailable. No arrivals until further notice.